About Me

My photo
Live for today but work for everyone's tomorrow! Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organisation/institution I am affiliated with.

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Badger Summer Update


By vast popular demand - here is the cub. Caught staring quizzically at my camera which had a small flashing LED on it (and which was being operated remotely from the hide that is my house).

He charges around the garden occasionally bumping very deliberately into the older badgers who typically move much more sedately.

The group seem to be doing well. I wonder where they normally drink during these dry summer months. They now often empty my two small bird baths... but there is always the small garden pond for that special tipple.

On several nights the smallest adult female, Twobar, has arrived first (long before the others) eaten most of the snacks then left. She then returns again later with one or more of the others. I think she has worked out there are better snacks the earlier you come to the party.

The early day light arrival of the cub above was even more surprising. He is already about two thirds the size of the adults and seems very independent. Maybe that's just the way it is with with young badgers.

Badger Extra:

Food is hidden under a plastic lid with a pebble on top: watch what happens:


four adults and the cub (top right)



No comments:

Post a Comment