About Me

My photo
Live for today but work for everyone's tomorrow! Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organisation/institution I am affiliated with.

Sunday 9 September 2018

2018 International Whaling Commission 67 - Day minus 1.



I am on the island of Florianopolis in the southern part of Brazil.

It is the evening before the opening of the 67th meeting of the IWC.

Some of my blog readers will know that I have previously reported in detail from such meetings. For technical reasons I cannot do so from this one. But I will share pictures from here, point at other sources of information and comment on any major developments.

I also note that there is live streaming from the Commission HERE. You would will (I believe) both be able to watch the main Commission meeting and hear recordings from each day.

If you want to know what I think about the main issues please go HERE

The meeting is being held in a massive beach resort - seen here in today's winter sun this afternoon.



And a few protesters have now collected outside.
An indignant Brazilian Cuckoo watches over all of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment