About Me

My photo
Live for today but work for everyone's tomorrow! Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organisation/institution I am affiliated with.

Saturday 2 April 2016

Dear Lamb 17...

Dear Lamb 17,

I hope this finds you and your mum well.

This is just a short note to say that I am sorry if I scared you yesterday and to explain my actions.

When I spotted you as I drove down that steep, narrow and busy little road, I quickly realised that you were on the wrong side of the fence – the road side! So I turned around and parked in the viewpoint lay-by above you.

Now I know I was scary when I appeared in my big coat with my wild hair and big grey beard but well done for not running into the road. That would have been a bit of disaster for both of us. I don’t think the fast moving cars would have seen you until it was too late!

Trying to burrow back into the field through the gate was absolutely the better idea and it allowed me to quickly scoop you up. Again apologies if this was undignified, I am not an experienced lamb-wrangler (and you were surprising heavy), but I did manage to get your back legs on the ground before I let you go on the more appropriate side of the fence. 

I think from the way that you bounded swiftly over to mum for a drink that you were OK (and hungry). I wonder how long you have been trapped outside the field.

Anyway, dear Lamb 17, I don’t know what life has in store for you but please enjoy the lovely grass in that big field and the company of your mum and little friends – and stay away from the road! The grass is not always greener on the other side. 

All the best,


Mark

Lamb 17 is on the left here
Lamb 98 on the right may be a sibling or step brother/sister

No comments:

Post a Comment