About Me

My photo
Live for today but work for everyone's tomorrow! Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organisation/institution I am affiliated with.

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Favorite Photo of 2015


These birds are part of 'my' little starling flock sitting in an old hawthorn on the hedgerow at the end of my small garden. The one second in from the right still shows some juvenile plumage in his brown head.

The hawthorn is in berry; the sky is blue -it late summer and just below the honeysuckle is still in bloom. Later in the year, the same hawthorn broke in half when strong winds pushed on heavy ivy and honeysuckle and caused the trunk to snap. I think this is my favourite photo of 2015. Its colourful and bit busy and I can almost hear the starlings babbling.

But I also very much like my badgers of course.



HAPPY CHRISTMAS 
AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment