About Me

My photo
Live for today but work for everyone's tomorrow! Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organisation/institution I am affiliated with.

Saturday 17 April 2021

Deer Parade

 

The sun is setting and this little roe buck - loosing his shaggy winter coat - is gently grazing and he is close to the spot where I first spotted the deer this time last year. It was some weeks into the first lock-down in the UK and I was wondering in the local countryside (we were allowed out for one hour of exercise) and I became aware of something coming along the edge of a field. I had no idea that there were local deer and since them I have been quietly enjoying spying on them! 


Nearby there is a procession of deer - both the muntjacs and the roe deer passing across the same area within a few minute of each other. 







Above - roe buck and roe doe - at this time of year his antler are still covered in velvet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment