About Me

My photo
Live for today but work for everyone's tomorrow! Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organisation/institution I am affiliated with.

Sunday 28 May 2017

Small badger update.


An early visitor finds a little bowl of food put out for the birds.



Just in case anyone is wondering how the badgers that use my garden are getting on, here are some short pieces of film of them from last night.

The first one shows a rare little bit of social grooming (well rare in my garden anyway) and the second indicates that four visitors are coming to take advantage of the snacks and drinks.

The long dry spell this spring and early summer will have been tough for many badgers. Not only may it have been tricky for them to find water but their favoured food - the earthworm - will have been locked in rock-hard soil.






Please excuse the washing on the line - the badgers don't seem to mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment