About Me

My photo
Live for today but work for everyone's tomorrow! Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organisation/institution I am affiliated with.

Sunday 28 February 2016

The House Crows of Colombo


My all too brief visit to Sri Lanka did not give me chance to see much of the island's spectacular terrestrial wildlife but my eye was drawn by the crowds of swift, sleek, house crows wheeling around the gardens of my hotel and along the nearby roads and foreshore. 

They were always about something, clearly highly social (much politicking going on) and they reeked of intelligence. Indeed as I peered our of my window on the third floor, they were clearly looking back.





The hotel balconies give a good view across the city.


Planning their next escapade.

a favoured tree roost

No comments:

Post a Comment