About Me

My photo
Live for today but work for everyone's tomorrow! Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organisation/institution I am affiliated with.

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Galapagos sealions come close!

My thanks to Heidi Frisch for permission to use her photos here. (I was not far away as you will see below, but my waterproofed camera had decided not to work at this point.)

So whilst you may be trying to keep a respectful distance from the wildlife, here is an example of what happens when the animals themselves choose otherwise! 

The animals in the Galapagos islands are famously friendly but these young Galapagos sealions took matters to a new level - blowing bubbles into our snorkel masks and nibbling our flippers. They are supremely confident in the water.










That's my flipper being sampled!

The sealions were not the only spectacular wildlife nearby...
White-tipped reef shark (~2m)

No comments:

Post a Comment