About Me

My photo
Live for today but work for everyone's tomorrow! Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organisation/institution I am affiliated with.

Saturday 31 May 2014

Starlings and badgers - Summer 2014


Young starling
I was away for the period when baby starling and their parents thronged the garden and filled the air with noise (mainly the begging cries of the youngsters) and played in the bird baths (see images from last year here).

Now the young ones are quite independent and their parents are already leaving them pretty much on their own. Their drab plumage and grey bills make them easily distinguishable from the adults.


Young starlings in the May tree


busy busy busy
Also currently coming into the garden are up to four badgers and below are some images of them on a wet night.
coming out of the gloom
There is a badger in my pond
wet badgers

No comments:

Post a Comment