About Me

My photo
Live for today but work for everyone's tomorrow! Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organisation/institution I am affiliated with.

Tuesday 19 January 2021

Happy New Year Walks

 Firstly - sorry to be slow to extend New Year wishes. All was well, I was just busy. But I don't think that it is too late for this -



Just a few images here from walks across the Somerset countryside over the holidays.

Is it a path? Is it a stream? Well according to the local map. it seems it is both!


Here some linnets - a flock of forty or so that have taken up residence in the fields close to where I live. This is a UK red list species.

The low winter light can be very pretty.


And something more unexpected - a cormorant out in the countryside but he is close to a significant river and a small lake.










The fox was out on New Year's Day and took a good hard look before running off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment